Custom LiFePO4 Battery 12V for Industrial Equipment
- TLH battery LiFePO4 battery 12V is made by lifepo4 18650 or 26650 cell.
- The capacity of LiFePO4 battery 12V is from 5Ah-200Ah.
- LiFePO4 Battery 12V is recommended to be used in forklift ,home storage systems, and communication systems.
- We have more than 16 years of experience in the field of LiFePO4 battery manufacturing.
TLH LiFePO4 Battery 12V Certifications to Ensure The Quality
Your Best Choice of LiFePO4 Battery 12V Manufacturer Over 16 Years
TLH has more than 500 satisfied customers and has more than 16 years of experience in the field of LiFePO4 Battery 12V manufacturing with ISO 9001:2015 certified by TUV.
Our LiFePO4 battery 12V having over 2000 cycles with no fire ,no explosion.Our R&D engineering team also have much experience in large single lifepo4 cell combination into LiFePO4 battery 12V with CANBUS ,RS232 communication protocol ect.
Our team can design a LiFePO4 battery 12V as per your requirement with customized ratings and sizes. We offer a year-long warranty for our customers.
If you have any queries or requirements, contact us today. Our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Strict Quality Control Process for your LiFePO4 battery 12V
- We will randomly select lifepo4 cell or large single lifepo4 cell testing before bulk production.
- Advanced laser welding machines are used for LiFePO4 battery 12V to ensure the quality stable.
- All the LiFePO4 batteries 12V will doing drop falling test before shipment.
- Each LiFePO4 battery 12V doing comprehensive testing like discharge and charge test even short circuit protection test.
TLH: NO.1 LiFePO4 Battery 12V manufacturer with 15+ Years of Experience
TLH has a great journey from the beginning and has more than 500 satisfied customers. The main reason for having this many satisfied customers is the quality product. The credit for all the quality products goes to our experienced and dedicated team of R&D. Our team can give maximum efficiency with a minimum amount of time in order to design your LiFePO4 battery 12V .
LiFePO4 Battery is available in different capacity including LiFePO4 Battery 12V. Our designed LiFePO4 batteries can have over 2000 cycles. The stability in performance with high discharge and big capacity is not compromised.
To ensure high performance, quality cells are the key factor. The grade A 18650 LiFePO4 cell, 26650 LiFePO4 cells, and large single 3.2V 40A -280Ah Lithium phosphate cells are used in the manufacturing of the LiFePO4 battery.
We offer after-sales services to our clients with minimum lead time. If you need help during installation, our team is always available to help you out. We are all over the world. You can contact us even if you are in United Kingdom, America, or Germany.
Our sales team is very professional and has great communication skills. If you have any idea in your mind or have the proper researched product in your mind, contact us today. Our sales representative will get back to you within 24 hours.
LiFePO4 12V Batteries – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This FAQ Guide possesses of all the information one needs to know about the LiFePO4 12V Batteries.
To find the answers to your queries, give it a look!
- 1. What is the difference between the LiFePO4 12v battery and the lithium-ion 12v battery?
- 2. What danger can be caused by a LiFePO4 battery?
- 3. How do LiFePO4 12v batteries work?
- 4. What is the discharge rate of a LiFePO4 12v battery?
- 5. How long should you charge your LiFePO4 12v battery?
- 6. Do LiFePO4 12v batteries require a special charger?
- 7. What is the best way to sustain the good health of the LiFePO4 battery?
- 8. How can you charge a LiFePO4 12v battery?
- 9. What are the uses of LiFePO4 12v batteries?
- 10. How can you store a LiFePO4 12v battery?
- 11. How low can a LiFePO4 12v battery be discharged?
- 12. When should a LiFePO4 12v battery be charged?
- 13. How can you install your LiFePO4 12v battery?
- 14. What voltage is required to charge a LiFePO4 12v Battery?
- 15. Are LiFePO4 12v batteries dangerous?
- 16. What is the charging time of a LiFePO4 12v battery?
- 17. How do LiFePO4 12v batteries perform in cold temperatures?
- 18. How do LiFePO4 12v batteries work in hot temperatures?
- 19. Are LiFePO4 12v batteries safer than lithium-ion batteries?
- 20. What precautions should be taken while using a LiFePO4 battery?
- 21. How are LiFePO4 12v batteries made?
- 22. Are LiFePO4 12v batteries portable?
- 23. Can LiFePO4 12v batteries catch fire?
- 24. What can cause your LiFePO4 12v battery to not charge?
- 25. Should LiFePO4 12v batteries be connected in series?
- 26. Should LiFePO4 12v batteries be connected in parallel?
1. What is the difference between the LiFePO4 12v battery and the lithium-ion 12v battery?
- Lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable. Technically these batteries are secondary cells constructed from lithium crammed with an electrolyte and piled into rectangular blocks or can be wrapped in a cylindrical shape. The main difference between both is the type of electrolyte used.
- LiFePO4 12v batteries are also rechargeable type but made with lithium iron phosphate as cathode and anodes are made up of carbon in batteries. It is slightly a new edition in the lithium battery family. The materials of the battery incorporate chemical and thermal stability with enhanced safety features than lithium-ion batteries. The cells are fire-resistant in mishandling situations. And stable if overcharged or opened to such risky circumstances.
However, LiFePO4 batteries are much safer and offer a longer life cycle. Are the most stable and economical. Lithium iron (LiFePO4) batteries remain cool at room temperature whereas lithium-ion batteries may heat up due to thermal runaway.
Figure 1. A LiFePO4 12v battery
2. What danger can be caused by a LiFePO4 battery?
The LiFePO4 batteries are chemically safe types of lithium batteries as they do not overheat or catch fire.
The cathode in LiFePO4 is not lethal and poses no effect on the health of the environment.
They do not explode or ignite however they are not certain and can be dangerous in severe cases.
The quality of material used in the making of these batteries by the manufacturer constitutes in this factor too.
3. How do LiFePO4 12v batteries work?
The LiFePO4 batteries work when they move lithium ions between electrodes.
The understanding of these ions particularly is very important, to know their physical existence. They are transferred from one electrode to the other.
The electrolyte carries positively charged li ions to the cathode from the anode via the separator. This movement creates free electrons in an anode that is a result creates a charge at a positive current collector.
For reference, a link is provided:
4. What is the discharge rate of a LiFePO4 12v battery?
The 12v LiFePO4 battery has a high discharge rate and can be used as a replacement for sealed lead-acid batteries.
The highest constant discharge rate of the LiFePO4 12v battery is 45 amps or 540 watts.
This 12v battery’s discharge rate is much elevated than other LiFePO4 batteries and is rated as ‘high discharge’.
The voltage range of this battery during discharge ranges from 14.6 volts to 10 volts and can bear more than 2000 battery cycles.
5. How long should you charge your LiFePO4 12v battery?
A LiFePO4 12v battery should be charged fully once arrived, later small charging periods should be considered for improved battery health and longevity.
6. Do LiFePO4 12v batteries require a special charger?
The charger required by LiFePO4 12V batteries is a voltage limiting device.
Lithium chargers are based on a persistent voltage algorithm and the charger limits the amount of current to pre-set level.
An ordinary charger should not be used for LiFePO4 12v batteries as these batteries have clean systems and only take what they can absorb.
The appropriate chargers provide fast charging, and the voltage of the charger reduces as the battery reaches a fully charged level.
Figure 2. A LiFePO4 12V battery charger
7. What is the best way to sustain the good health of the LiFePO4 battery?
The sustainability of battery life is of utmost importance in today’s world.
Following are a few ways to maintain the good health of your LiFePO4 12v batteries.
- Allow partial discharges of the LiFePO4 battery as this constitutes in healthier working and longer life as compared to if the battery is fully discharged before recharging.
- For prolonged storage, keep the battery at 40% and store it in a cool place but when used, it will not give the best results as or new ones however still will provide more than good service if they were stored well under virtuous circumstances.
- Keep the LiFePO4 batteries at room temperature that is generally 20 to 25 degrees Centigrade. The largest factor that contributes to the reduction of battery is elevated temperatures. LiFePO4 batteries are designed to bear extreme weather situations too, but sometimes it may cause severe damage.
- Buy a good quality, high-capacity battery. Batteries drain with time whether they are in use or not. The aging characteristic of the battery should be kept in mind while buying a battery. However, LiFePO4 batteries serve with the best quality and longevity of life. Just make sure to buy a recently manufactured battery.
- Do not discharge batteries completely. If it is discharged to below 2.5 volts in each cell, the battery acts to be dead. Completely discharging a battery can affect its timing and health and may cause internal damage. It is recommended to not recharge the profoundly discharged batteries if they have been put in storage for quite a few months.
8. How can you charge a LiFePO4 12v battery?
Simple steps to charge LiFePO4 12v batteries are as follows.
- Disconnect and turn the battery off so the current can drop.
- Charge the battery at moderate temperature for prolonged sustainable life.
- Lithium batteries do not require to be charged completely so partial charging is encouraged.
- If the battery status reaches 100%, disconnect the charger to prevent overcharging.
- Charge the batteries partially before storing them.
- Do not let the batteries to drain before a recharging cycle.
- Pull Out the battery and charger if it heats up.
9. What are the uses of LiFePO4 12v batteries?
The LiFePO4 12V batteries are widely applicated. Due to the point longevity of this battery, many people leave other batteries and switch to LiFePO4 battery.
Some of its applications are as follows:
LiFePO4 batteries weigh half the weight of traditional batteries. The batteries offer long life and good battery time due to which they are utilized in small boats.
- Electric Golf Caddy:
The LiFePO4 12V batteries can be used to power electric golf caddies due to enhanced battery life and lightweight and make it easy to run on golf club paths.
The solar panel can charge the LiFePO4 battery and provide its functions at the same time.
- Energy storage:
LiFePO4 Batteries can be used with inverters and UPS and can be used as energy storage devices and can power many electrical devices as a source where electricity is not available. Even portable devices can be charged from LiFeaPO4 devices such as laptops or mobile phones.
Figure 3. A LiFePO4 12V battery
10. How can you store a LiFePO4 12v battery?
You can easily store a LiFePO4 12V battery under certain conditions:
- The battery level should not be below 30%
- Fully charged LiFePO4 12v batteries should not be stored.
- For longer periods, disconnect the wires.
- Store in dry and ventilated areas.
- Do not store the LiFePO4 12V batteries at temperatures greater than 45° Celsius for longer periods.
- Try not to leave the battery fully charged or fully drained.
- The battery should be kept around 50% charged.
11. How low can a LiFePO4 12v battery be discharged?
The lowest voltage of each cell in a LiFePO4 12v battery should not drop below 2.5 Volts as such factors can cause permanent damage to the battery internally as well as externally and cause the battery to not connect to the charger.
12. When should a LiFePO4 12v battery be charged?
A LiFePO4 battery should only be charged when the battery percentage ranged between 30% to 50%.
A battery should not be charged to complete 100% and never discharged completely before recharging as it affects the battery health majorly and lessens the battery life.
In long-term storage applications, a LiFePO4 should not be stored at a battery percentage of 100% and should be maintained with the full cycle of charging and discharging every 6 to 12 months.
13. How can you install your LiFePO4 12v battery?
Installation of a LiFePO4 12v battery can be a difficult task to do if you do not have enough knowledge about it.
The battery manual should be read thoroughly before installing it to prevent any unusual situation. Wrong attachments of terminals can result in the irregular working of the battery as well as the damage it.
The following link directs to a complete tutorial of installing a LiFePO4 12V battery:
14. What voltage is required to charge a LiFePO4 12v Battery?
In the case of LiFePO4 12v batteries, the maximum voltage for each cell to charge should not be greater than 4.2 Volts however the recommended voltage is 3.4-3.5 Volts per cell.
If the voltage greater than this is provided, the cells will overcharge and cause heating within the cell and prolonged extreme situations can lead to a fire.
15. Are LiFePO4 12v batteries dangerous?
The LiFePO4 12v batteries are the safest version of lithium batteries manufactured to date as they do not overheat and will not catch fire even if punctured due to the closely bonded oxygen molecules.
The cathode material of LiFePO4 batteries is not hazardous and presents no negative effect on health or the environment.
Although these batteries are safe in use but still can cause danger in extreme conditions.
Figure 4. A LiFePO4 12v battery undergoing a test
16. What is the charging time of a LiFePO4 12v battery?
The LiFePO4 12v batteries are well known for their longevity of the battery and numerous charge cycles.
The first stage of the battery requires four to five hours to reach 30% and later requires around seven hours to reach complete 100%.
The battery is plugged to charge for as low as 15 minutes and as long as for several hours depending on the amount of work it is used for.
The discharge rate of this type of lithium battery is low so the battery delivers close to full voltage even if it is not charged for several months.
17. How do LiFePO4 12v batteries perform in cold temperatures?
The LiFePO4 12v batteries are manufactured and tested under cold weather to experience their resistance to weather conditions.
They have a normal operating temperature as low as 0° Celsius however LiFePO4 batteries can withstand lower temperatures than this.
The working of the battery may be affected in such conditions but as compared to other batteries, it will not wear down.
18. How do LiFePO4 12v batteries work in hot temperatures?
The recommended highest temperature for LiFePO4 12v battery to function is 40° Celsius to 45° Celsius.
These batteries are designed to work in higher temperature ranges than other lithium batteries without heating up however, in extreme weather difficulties or problems in working of LiFePO4 batteries may be observed.
19. Are LiFePO4 12v batteries safer than lithium-ion batteries?
LiFePO4 12v batteries are well known for their longevity and safety purposes.
These batteries remain cool at room temperatures however, lithium-ion batteries may suffer thermal runaway and heat up if are being charged under the same circumstances.
The LifePO4 12v batteries do not get overheated or catch fire if overcharged as compared to lithium-ion batteries.
As a result, it shows that LiFePO4 batteries are manufactured as nontoxic in nature while lithium-ion batteries are hazardous in nature.
So, lithium-ion batteries are far more riskier and unsafe to be used as compared to LiFePO4 batteries which are safe to use.
20. What precautions should be taken while using a LiFePO4 battery?
Although lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are the safest and much more stable than other types of batteries.
They can work effectively through higher temperature ranges, overheating, and overcharging.
Some precautions to be taken are as follows:
- Avoid freezing temperatures:
Operating a lithium battery in cold weather can be a great challenge. LiFePO4 batteries do not work well below freezing temperatures and if the temperature goes down below 5° C, the batteries only operate at 50% of their performance.
- Keep a check on malfunctions:
Even if the battery is being handled correctly, you should keep an eye for any malfunctions to occur. If any unusual shape or smell is observed or any abnormal behavior, detach it at once. In extreme temperatures, move away and get help for handling.
- Safe storage and transportations:
Hazards like this are less likely to occur in lithium iron phosphate batteries but still, all lithium batteries are thought dangerous. Due to these risks, air transportations are severely restricted and can be taken if the battery has a charge below 30%. However, storage is still the main concern, and you should discharge the LiFePO4 batteries to 50% for prolonged storage times. To make sure they are kept well keep them in dry, well-ventilated areas and wear protective clothing while handling batteries.
- Keep out of the heat:
Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries operate safely at extreme temperatures like 60°C but can suffer problems later. The best temperatures for batteries to operate us the normal temperature suitable for humans but as the temperature rises, the electrodes may start to disintegrate.
- Consult with professionals for emergencies:
In case of emergencies with the usage of batteries, do not try to deal with them yourself and consult a professional. A damaged lithium battery could leak and catch fire resulting in extreme damages.
21. How are LiFePO4 12v batteries made?
The LiFePO4 12v batteries are manufactured through the following process:
A lithium-ion source solution of lithium ions, ferrous ion source solution with ferrous ions, and phosphate radicals are required.
The lithium source solution, ferrous source solution, and phosphate radical solutions are formed respectively by dissolving lithium chemical compound, a ferrous chemical compound, and phosphate chemical compound in an organic solvent.
These three solutions are then mixed at prearranged temperatures of around 90°C to 180°C to form a mixed solution.
The blended solution is then heated under the determined temperature to make lithium ions, ferrous ions, and phosphate radicals which come together as lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4 battery).
The three general functional components of a LiFePO4 battery are positive and negative electrodes and an electrolyte.
Following is a tutorial to a DIY LiFePO4 battery:
22. Are LiFePO4 12v batteries portable?
Yes, some of the LiFePO4 batteries are portable depending on their manufacturing. These batteries are lighter in weight and easy to carry for transportation purposes.
LiFePO4 12v portable batteries are designed for harsh outdoor environments and are eco-friendly.
Most of the batteries come with LCD screens that whole the charging, discharging status, and capacity of the battery.
23. Can LiFePO4 12v batteries catch fire?
The LiFePO4 12v batteries are now widely used as replacements for other batteries.
The safest type of lithium batteries manufactured till now are LiFePO4 batteries as they do not overheat easily.
Also, they do not catch fire even if punctured as the cathode material used in these batteries is not hazardous and so does not affect human health or the environment in any way.
There is no threat of battery to ignite flames because of the oxygen being fused closely to the molecules.
24. What can cause your LiFePO4 12v battery to not charge?
One of the most leading causes of a battery going bad or not holding a charge is overheating. The increased charge combines with higher temperatures and as a result the battery experiences stress.
Puncture or leakage can be found in the shipping and transportation processes if the LiFePO4 battery encounters sharp objects.
The use of incorrect chargers or charging methods can slowly cause the battery to retard.
Before recharging, do not discharge your LiFePO4 12V battery completely as it can cause internal damages to the battery and will not hold a charge.
25. Should LiFePO4 12v batteries be connected in series?
Connecting the LiFePO4 12v battery in series increases the voltage but does not increase capacity as a whole. While charging a battery in series, a charger that matches the battery’s voltage system should be used.
Series circuits do not overheat easily, this factor makes them very useful in case there is something flammable around.
One of the disadvantages of a LiFePO4 12v battery is that if one component in a series circuit fails to work, all the components of the circuit fail as the circuit is considered broken.
Another disadvantage is that the greater the components in the circuit, the greater the circuit’s resistance.
Figure 5. A LiFePO4 12v Battery connected in parallel and series circuit
26. Should LiFePO4 12v batteries be connected in parallel?
Connecting LiFePO4 12v batteries in parallel increases the total current capacity by lowering total resistance also increases capacity on the whole.
The power dispelled by each resistor is significantly higher in parallel series and the voltage of both devices is the same
A parallel circuit of LiFePO4 batteries can use more power as compared to a series circuit.
The disadvantage of LiFePO4 12v batteries connected in parallel uses lots of wires and the voltage cannot be increased or multiplied also, sometimes the connection fails when it is required to pass an equal amount of current.