Lithium Ion Boat Battery Solution
- Lithium Ion Boat Batteries are perfect for bass boats, sailboats, and other marine applications.
- Battery Protection System is enabled in all Lithium Ion Boat Batteries to protect them from overheating and charging problems.
- Our lithium ion boat battery can be made with hardware and software communication ,such as CANBUS ,RS232.
- TLH lithium ion boat battery are made as 12V -48V from 20Ah-200Ah as your request.
Our Service Key Figures
- 15 + Years In the
- 500 + Collaboration
- 24 Hours Online
- 1 Day Battery Packs
- 2 Weeks Received
Why to Select TLH as Your Partner?
TLH is among the best Lithium Ion Boat Battery manufacturers. We have a reputation and proved ourselves through our quality products for the last 15 years in the manufacturing industry. It takes our professional engineering team’s hard work. That is why we are fulfilling the needs of 50+ customers globally.
Our research team has an experienced and professional background to design various customized boat batteries for our trusted customers. To fulfill your requirements, the TLH R&D team works hard to design customized Lithium Ion Boat Batteries.
We also have an entirely separate team for sales, having top-notch communication skills. You can directly contact us from anywhere in the world. Our after-sales representative will contact you within 24 hours.
If you wish to customize your Lithium Ion Boat Battery, tell us and we will deliver it to you as soon as possible.
Strict Quality Control Process for Your Lithium Ion Boat Battery
- Strict quality control compliance with international standards ISO 9001: 2015 by TUV.
- Each Lithium Ion Boat Battery is tried and tested through various tests such as charging and discharging tests.
- All battery cells are checked thoroughly before delivery and use.
- All 24V LiFePO4 battery packs will be packed with pallets and label the details
TLH: Your Reliable Partner in Manufacturing of Lithium Ion Boat Battery
Lithium ion boat batteries are better alternative than AGM and lead-acid batteries because of their power and ultimate battery protection system. To cope up with the challenge of providing the best lithium ion boat batteries, TLH company produce top-notch products. Having 15 years’ experience, Shenzhen Tianlihe Technology Co. Ltd. is now exporting lithium ion boat batteries to more than 500 customers around the globe.
With our latest technology, our lithium ion boat batteries are more work efficient and power-saving. Our R&D and quality assurance team have vast experience in batteries manufacturing industry. Hence, our lithium ion boat batteries offers maximum output for its applications on boats and marine devices.
Lithium ion boat batteries are suitable for sailboats, bass boats, and other marine applications. They are highly preferable choice when it comes to operating electrical appliances on your boats and ships. If you are one of the ship manufacturing or boat manufacturing companies, contact us for customized battery packs for your business. Our batteries are safe to use and charge. They are compatible with various good quality chargers.
We have our sales offices located in UK, USA, and Germany. TLH lithium ion boat battery consumes less power and remains charged for a relatively long time. You can place orders from anywhere in the world.
TLH has a separate after-sales department having several service providers. An experienced and highly qualified team is appointed here that is available for you 24/7. For us, customer’s satisfaction is the utmost priority and we believe in making a friendly alliance with our customers. You can count on us for your lithium ion boat battery related problems and queries.
Contact us now for recommendations, installation guidance, customization, and suggestions by visiting our website.
Lithium ion Boat Battery – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Here is a lithium ion boat battery FAQ guide to answer all the queries that come to your mind. Have a look and see the details regarding the lithium ion boat battery.
- Q1. What is the best lithium ion boat battery?
- Q2. How many energy densities are available in lithium ion boat batteries?
- Q3. What are the features of a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q4. Do lithium ion boat batteries have a negative impact on the environment?
- Q5. How do you know if your lithium ion boat battery is bad?
- Q6. Can lithium ion boat batteries explode?
- Q7. Are lithium ion boat batteries dangerous?
- Q8. What kind of charger is used to charge a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q9. What if a lithium ion boat battery explodes in the boat?
- Q10. Is lithium ion boat battery heavy?
- Q11. How much time does a lithium ion battery work for in a boat?
- Q12. How do you charge a lithium ion battery on a boat?
- Q13. What is the lifespan of a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q14. Does a lithium ion boat battery have a built-in protection system?
- Q15. Are lithium ion batteries dangerous to use in boats?
- Q16. What temperature do lithium ion boat batteries require to work?
- Q17. What are the best qualities of a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q18. Can you jump-start your lithium ion boat battery?
- Q19. Can a dead lithium ion boat battery revive?
- Q20. How do you know if your boat battery is dead?
- Q21. How can you keep your lithium ion boat battery to hold a charge?
- Q22. What are the negative factors of using a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q23. How do you know what battery is a perfect fit for your boat?
- Q24. What causes the lithium ion boat battery to die?
- Q25. How can you dispose of a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q26. What precautions should be followed while using a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q27. How to maintain your lithium ion boat battery?
- Q28. How do you replace a boat battery?
- Q29. Are lithium ion car batteries the same as a lithium ion boat battery?
- Q30. Why does a lithium ion boat battery lose its charging?
- Q31. What should you consider while buying a boat battery?
Q1. What is the best lithium ion boat battery?
TLH lithium ion boat battery is the best in the market as they are producing market competitive batteries at affordable prices.
Figure 1 Lithium ion rechargeable boat battery
The features and quality of the TLH lithium ion battery are top-notch.
They have various applications in the marine environment.
Lithium ion boat batteries have half weight as compared to lead batteries and 1/3rd of the AGM batteries.
That quality makes them highly efficient and applicable to use on boats.
The life expectancy of TLH lithium ion batteries is much longer than other competitive products.
Q2. How many energy densities are available in lithium ion boat batteries?
The energy density of the lithium ion battery is the measure that tells how much energy it contains relative to its weight.
This energy density is measured in watt-hours per kilogram (Wh/kg).
The value of energy density of lithium ion boat battery is among the highest of batteries.
The value of energy density of lithium ion batteries ranges from 100Wh/kg-265Wh/kg.
It makes them powerful batteries to use in boats and other applications.
Moreover, the cells of lithium ion boat battery give up to 3.6 volts which are higher than other batteries.
Q3. What are the features of a lithium ion boat battery?
There are certain features of the TLH lithium ion boat battery.
These characteristics make the lithium ion boat batteries unique from others, such as:
- 15 years, world-class manufacturer warranty
- High energy density
- Longer battery life
- Easy charging and discharging
- Safe for marine applications
- Eco friendly
- Easy maintenance
- Temperature tolerant
- Constant power supply
Q4. Do lithium ion boat batteries have a negative impact on the environment?
As lithium is a metal, you may think that lithium ion batteries pose a threat or have a negative effect on the environment.
The lithium ion boat batteries are overall not a threat to the environment except when you dispose of the metallic content in a large amount.
Surprisingly, lithium is metal but does not have the ability to bioaccumulate.
It means the toxicity of lithium is very low to humans, animals, and the environment.
Q5. How do you know if your lithium ion boat battery is bad?
You can very conveniently check the status of your TLH lithium ion boat battery with the help of a multimeter or a voltmeter.
Figure 2 Voltmeter
For checking the voltage, you need to connect the lithium ion boat battery to the voltmeter.
If the voltmeter shows the reading below the specified standard level, it means that the battery is not working properly and is not holding any charge.
Apart from this, this may happen because the lithium ion boat battery is old or gets damaged due to leakage.
Sometimes, the batteries get charged beyond the limit that makes them work inefficient.
This is also one of the reasons that support the ineffectiveness of the lithium ion boat battery.
Q6. Can lithium ion boat batteries explode?
Yes, lithium ion boat battery can explode.
The thing that makes the lithium ion boat batteries workable and strong is the reason for its explosion and catching fire also.
Lithium has a strong power of storing an adequate amount of energy.
The lithium ion boat battery works excellent and smooth as long as the lithium ions trickle one by one.
The problem occurs when they get released at once.
In that case, the lithium ion boat battery will burst or you can say explode.
Apart from that, the other reason for the explosion of lithium ion boat battery can be short-circuiting.
When the battery’s plastic separator fails to work then the anode and cathode of the battery come in contact with each other.
As a result, there is overheating in the lithium ion boat battery.
Now, there are various reasons of failing of the plastic separator, such as:
- Defects in Manufacturing/ Bad Design
If space is not enough for the plastic separator and anode and cathode, then it is by default a faulty battery.
- External Causes
If you place your lithium ion boat battery very close to a heat source or fire, then there are maximum chances that the battery gets overheated and explode.
Also, if due to any reason or accident, your battery falls.
In such a case, there are chances of plastic separator failure and touching of electrodes together that cause an explosion.
- Charging Problems
This might be one of the reasons that the lithium ion boat battery explodes if the charger device is improperly installed.
The charger generates heat at the place of contact making the battery hot, and if the level increases, the lithium ion boat battery can catch fire and explode.
Q7. Are lithium ion boat batteries dangerous?
TLH ensures as much safety as the manufacturer can during its manufacturing and production.
However, there are still chances that the lithium ion boat batteries can become dangerous at times because of external and internal damages, mishandling, and leakage.
There is a term thermal runaway in which the battery soaks all the charged current and converts it into harmful oxygen, hydrogen, and severe heat.
This mixture of gases with all the heat can cause severe reactions and is dangerous for you.
So, you have to take into account all these things while you are using boat batteries.
Make sure everything is working properly.
Q8. What kind of charger is used to charge a lithium ion boat battery?
Figure 4 Lithium ion boat battery charger
The lithium ion boat battery has a built-in mechanism for shock absorbance during charging.
They need a reliable charger that transfers the charge continuously to the battery.
For lithium ion boat batteries, you select the charger based on the size of the boat battery.
Using inverters is highly recommended as they convert the DC into AC so that you can turn on and use various households in the boat.
It has an advantage over normal chargers as it eliminates the requirement of plugging in at shore power.
Also, you will not need any generator on the boat if you have an inverter installed.
In inverters too, there are different categories from which you can select according to your convenience.
You can get a portable inverter or permanent mount inverter.
Both have perks and advantages so, choose whatever is best for you.
Inappropriate charger selection can lead to many losses as the battery would not work properly and you will not get the desired results from it.
Q9. What if a lithium ion boat battery explodes in the boat?
TLH ensures maximum protection to the lithium ion boat batteries but still, there might be chances of its explosion if you mishandle them.
There are other reasons for battery explosions as mentioned above.
Most importantly, if the battery explodes in your boat, it is very essential to keep everyone safe on the boat.
For that, turn off every appliance immediately and try to put off the fire if it catches fire.
To prevent battery explosions, always check the battery before use.
Maintain it and don’t overcharge the lithium ion boat battery.
Ensure that the charger is properly plugged into the battery and there is no loose connection.
Give a rest to the battery for some time as when it is working continuously, it produces heat inside it.
Sometimes that heat leads to an explosion.
Q10. Is lithium ion boat battery heavy?
No, the TLH lithium ion boat battery is not heavy.
It is one of the biggest advantages that make people shift to lithium ion batteries for their boats and marine application.
They are lightweight which is why they are a perfect choice for your boats.
All the lithium ion boat batteries are half in weight as compared to lead-acid batteries and even lighter than the AGM batteries.
Q11. How much time does a lithium ion battery work for in a boat?
There is no doubt that the lithium ion boat battery is expensive than a lead-acid battery and AGM battery.
But the thing is lithium ion boat batteries last for 2-4 years.
They require little to no maintenance.
Their power is up to 2000 cycles per its life as compared to the 200 to 300 life cycles of lead-acid batteries.
You see there is a huge difference in the working capacity and longevity of lithium ion boat batteries and other batteries.
Q12. How do you charge a lithium ion battery on a boat?
Charging the lithium ion boat battery is simple and similar to most electrical devices getting charged through a charger.
For charging the lithium ion boat battery, use a charger that comes with the battery as it is the best choice to use.
Otherwise, you can use other relevant chargers as well.
Plugin the charger with the battery and wait until the battery is fully charged.
If it has built-in protection, the charger will be automatically turned off when the battery gets fully charged.
If not, keep an eye on the battery and turn off the charger as soon as the battery is full.
It is not good to overcharge the battery as it has a negative impact on the efficiency of the battery.
For the well-being of the battery and the charger, do not place them near to each other or at the same place.
Q13. What is the lifespan of a lithium ion boat battery?
The lifespan of lithium ion boat batteries is comparatively longer than other competitive batteries.
If you are using them continuously at an 80% discharging level, they can last greater than 2000 cycles.
The lifespan can be increased or decreased through different factors such as:
A lithium ion boat battery if misused and mishandled can only last for a year whereas if you keep it safe and use it properly, it may last a little more than 2-4 years.
Q14. Does a lithium ion boat battery have a built-in protection system?
Yes, the TLH lithium ion boat battery has a built-in protection system.
This system automatically turns off the battery when the battery is full.
The turning off of the battery takes place if the battery charging drops less than 8 or if it goes to charging above 15.8.
This is how a battery is protected against overcharging and over-discharging.
Also, a built-in battery protection system (BPS) protects the lithium ion boat battery from damages and explosions.
Q15. Are lithium ion batteries dangerous to use in boats?
The lithium ion batteries are very much safe to use in boats and marine applications as long as you follow all the safety precautions.
TLH lithium ion batteries are safer than other batteries following the instructions when you are using them or charging them.
They are the best choice for boats as they are lightweight and have more power but there are chances of them being dangerous.
If you are not handling the lithium ion boat battery properly and with care, it may cause an explosion.
In case, your battery is damaged, do not touch it directly because it can cause serious burns on your skin.
Do not put the battery in high-temperature conditions as it will affect its working condition.
If you are taking good care of the lithium ion boat battery, it is quite safe to use it on boats anytime.
Q16. What temperature do lithium ion boat batteries require to work?
The temperature is an important factor in determining the working condition of the lithium ion boat battery.
As per rule, the lithium ion boat batteries will charge between the temperature range 0°C to +45°C whereas they will discharge within temperature range -20 °C to +60 °C.
If the temperature is less than 0 or 0, do not charge the battery by any means.
Q17. What are the best qualities of a lithium ion boat battery?
There are certain features and best qualities of lithium ion boat batteries that make the batteries worth buying.
These features are:
- Lithium ion boat battery has a built-in battery protection system (BPS) that protects the battery from various harms.
- They have a maximum depth of discharge.
- Their weight is lighter than lead-acid batteries and AGM batteries.
- Lithium ion boat battery supplies more voltage.
- The installation and charging of lithium ion boat battery are quite easy and efficient.
- They come in standard sizes and with a charger that suits their application.
Q18. Can you jump-start your lithium ion boat battery?
Yes, you can jump-start the lithium ion boat battery.
Sometimes, the battery gets dead, it appears as if it will not work again.
But it is not dead, it needs a push to get started.
For this, you need a fully charged battery to jump-starting the dead one.
These are the jump-starting instructions to follow:
- Place the batteries side by side.
- Take insulated wires of small length and attach them according to the polarity between the batteries.
- Join positive to the positive terminal and negative to the negative terminal of the battery.
- This is how the supply of power takes place from the live to the dead battery.
- Wait for five minutes, and disconnect the two batteries by disconnecting the insulated wires.
- Now, connect it with its actual charger.
- If the battery starts charging, it means the jump start worked.
- Charge it until it is fully charged and then use it on the boat.
- If the battery is not charging, try the jumpstart process again.
- If still, the battery doesn’t work, it means the battery is dead and needs replacement.
Q19. Can a dead lithium ion boat battery revive?
You have to be sure that the battery is dead or not.
Try jump-starting with a fully charged battery.
Check if it is getting charged, it means the battery is not dead and will start working normally.
If the battery is not charging, it means it cannot be revived.
Q20. How do you know if your boat battery is dead?
It is quite easy to check whether the lithium ion boat battery is dead or not.
If you feel the battery is dead, try to charge it or jump-start it.
The battery if started getting a charge means it is not dead.
Q21. How can you keep your lithium ion boat battery to hold a charge?
There are many ways by which you can make your lithium ion boat battery holds a charger longer.
These ways are:
- Always use the partial discharge cycles.
- Do not charge the lithium ion boat battery to full (100%) capacity.
- Always choose the correct terminal for charging the battery.
- Put a limit to the temperature of the battery.
- Avoid discharging to the lowest limit such as 2V or below.
Taking into account all these points will make the battery hold the charge a little longer than usual.
Q22. What are the negative factors of using a lithium ion boat battery?
You know many advantages of using a lithium ion boat battery instead of other batteries.
Apart from all the advantages, there are various cons that everyone must keep in mind for the safety of the battery and yourself.
- The lithium ion boat batteries hey need protection as the lithium ion cells are not very robust as the other batteries.
They need protection against overcharging and over-discharging.
- You need to manages the current within the safe limits of the lithium ion boat battery.
If it exceeds the limit, it could be very dangerous and lead to harm.
- Their cost is also 40% more than the other competitive batteries.
- There is a limit on the transportation of lithium ion boat batteries for airlines and ships.
Q23. How do you know what battery is a perfect fit for your boat?
Selecting the perfect lithium ion boat battery for yourself is not difficult.
It depends on the purpose of their usage.
There are two types; starting and deep cycle battery.
The starting or cranking batteries provide a big jerk of electricity for a relatively smaller time.
On the other hand, deep-cycle batteries transmit limited amperage but for a longer time period.
For starting the engine of the boat, a deep-cycle lithium ion battery is best.
And for providing power to some gadget or electrical device, you need starting (cranking) battery.
It means the selection of the battery is based on what purpose you are using them.
Moreover, when you choose a lithium ion boat battery with good quality features, it is very likely to last 2-4 years easily.
Q24. What causes the lithium ion boat battery to die?
The primary cause of a lithium ion boat battery getting dead is heat.
It is highly recommended to keep the battery away from sunlight and high-temperature places.
You must not overcharge the battery and avoid using lithium ion boat batteries in very hot environments.
It eventually causes the battery to get overheated and explode.
Q25. How can you dispose of a lithium ion boat battery?
You cannot get rid of the damaged and dead batteries directly like the other waste.
It is because they contain harmful material and chemicals.
There is proper recycling of these batteries but at designated places.
Always drop the dead batteries to E-waste collection or the assigned areas rather than dumping them in the waste bins.
Q26. What precautions should be followed while using a lithium ion boat battery?
The precautions you need to follow while using a lithium ion boat battery are:
- Do not place it in direct sunlight or a high-temperature environment.
- Handle the battery properly and with care.
- Keep the lithium ion boat battery clean.
- Place the battery in cool and dry places away from flammable material.
Q27. How to maintain your lithium ion boat battery?
There are certain instructions to follow through you can maintain the lithium ion boat battery well.
- If the battery needs service or procedure, remove its pack to be safe from injuries.
- Keep it clean from dust before the dust freezes in an air vent.
- Avoid using detergents and solvents on the battery plastic.
- Never apply water for washing vents of the battery.
- Remove the charger when you are storing the battery.
- Always keep the lithium ion boat battery at room temperature for storage.
- Do not allow petroleum-based liquids or chemicals near batteries.
- Before storing it, charge the battery up to 100 for effective working later.
Q28. How do you replace a boat battery?
Replacement of the lithium ion boat battery is not a difficult task.
Here is the step-by-step guide to replacing a boat battery properly.
- Open up the compartment of the battery.
- Check the terminals and for leakage of acid if any.
- Clean the corrosion if it is present.
- Remove black (negative) terminal with the help of a wrench or pliers.
- Now in the same manner remove the red (positive) terminal and make sure they don’t touch each other.
- Also, you need to be careful to prevent touching the terminals with bare hands.
- Remove the dead or old battery.
- Put the new battery in its place and ensure that the battery is completely seated.
- Finally, attach the terminals; negative to negative and positive to positive.
Q29. Are lithium ion car batteries the same as a lithium ion boat battery?
No, lithium ion car batteries are different from lithium ion boat batteries.
The car batteries are made to deliver the concentrated power to start the car engine.
On the contrary, boat batteries are meant for not only starting the battery but also the reserve capacity for different electrical appliances to run.
Q30. Why does a lithium ion boat battery lose its charging?
If the lithium ion boat battery is not charging, there might be a fault in the charger.
Additionally, if the battery is not getting charged despite the right charger, it means the rectifier is problematic.
You need to make sure that the charger is plugged properly into the lithium ion boat battery.
Q31. What should you consider while buying a boat battery?
There are certain things you need to consider while buying a lithium ion boat battery.
- The battery provides sufficient amperage.
- There comes a charger with it.
- The lithium ion battery has a protection system.