Bike Batteries Solution for Electric Bicycle
- Supply tens of thousands bike batteries to Europe and North America.
- We provide custom bike batteries and standard bike batteries.
- TLH own bike batteries after sale service in UK,USA and UK
- Our bike batteries can apply UN38.3 ,MSDS as your request
Our Service Key Figures
- 17 + Years In the
- 500 + Collaboration
- 24 Hours Online
- 1 Day Battery Packs
- 2 Weeks Received
Your Best Manufacturer of Bike Batteries in China
TLH has vast experience in the field of customized as well as standard bike battery manufacturing over 16 years.
We have invested more in R&D to give more up-to-date and reliable products to our customers. A dedicated team is able to design a Bike Battery as per your request.
Our bike batteries are available in different dimensions as well as different in different ratings, according to your requirement.
We offer 12 months of the warranty period for our VIP customers.
Contact us for more details or further queries.
Strict Testing Procedures and Quality Control Process
- To produce a reliable bike battery, it is important to implement strict testing procedures and quality control processes within our manufacturing facility.
- Bring more automatic machines to ensure the production process more beautiful and effective
- To check the quality of each battery, testing is performed on each bike battery in order to check all essential parameters. All the required parameters are tested and stored on the computer server for future reference. These records can be accessed by the client on request.
- We take bulk orders and before the production of bike batteries in bulk, a standard procedure is defined. The QA director will go through the procedure before the production to ensure quality standards and the lead time.
TLH: Not Only One Your Bike Battery Manufacturer But Also One Bike Batteries One-Stop Serve
We have experience in the field of Bike Battery manufacturing for the last 16 years. We have raised an experienced R&D team within our organization to give high quality bike batteries.
We are an international company having a service center in the United Kingdom, America, and Germany and follow international ISO standards.
Our experienced R&D team has excellent experience in BMS design for bike batteries like UART,CANBUS ect. These battery management systems are a very essential part of bike batteries to keep track of battery performance.
Bike battery is designed to bear outdoor environments and extreme vibrations. To check the quality and performance of the bike battery, strict quality control and testing procedures are defined for each bike battery.
We offer after-sales service for our clients to help you even after-sales. Our after-sales team is always available for you while helping in the installation of the bike battery. You can contact our after-sales team even if you are in United Kingdom, America, or Germany.
You can contact us from any part of the world, our sales team is very professional and have great communication skills. You can ask any confusion about bike batteries our sales team is always available to help you out.
If you have any queries regarding the bike battery, you can drop us an email. Our sales team will revert back to you within 1 working day.
Bike Battery – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This is your go-to FAQ guide about Bike Batteries. Here, you will find answers to many questions that might come to your mind regarding a Bike Battery.
Have a look!
- 1. What is a bike battery?
- 2. How much does a bike battery cost?
- 3. What is the popular different types of bike batteries?
- 4. What to do when the bike’s battery is down?
- 5. Is a bike battery rechargeable?
- 6. Are bike batteries easily available?
- 7. What is the life span of a bike battery?
- 8. What are the capacities available in bike batteries?
- 9. Can you recharge a bike battery at home?
- 10. How can you know if your bike battery is dead?
- 11. What type of charger is used to charge a bike battery?
- 12. What type of battery is the best to be used in a bike?
- 13. What should be considered while buying a bike battery?
- 14. What happens when a bike battery crashes?
- 15. Can a bike battery create an explosion?
- 16. After what time intervals should a bike battery be charged?
- 17. How long should a bike battery last?
- 18. Tips to increase the working of the bike’s battery?
- 19. Can you use the bike’s battery while it is charging?
- 20. How to connect a battery to the bike?
- 21. What will happen if the terminals are not connected correctly?
- 22. How can you know if a battery is fully charged?
- 23. How can you clean your bike’s battery?
- 24. Why are lithium batteries better than lead acid for bikes?
- 25. Does the battery life affect the working of the bike?
- 26. What is the best temperature for a bike battery?
- 27. What are the pros of bike batteries?
- 28. What are the disadvantages of bike batteries?
1. What is a bike battery?
A battery is the main source of electrical energy in the bike just like in all other vehicles. It stores chemical energy.
They are made to power the motor, engine, and other components of the bike.
The headlights, indicators, etc. all are powered by the battery.
The battery is fully charged, and it gives out energy to run the bike.
Figure 1: Bike’s batteries
2. How much does a bike battery cost?
Knowing the price of a bike’s battery is a key.
Normally, a new high quality battery ranges from $200 to $380 or above that, depending on the brand of the battery and capacity which will be around 400 wh to 700 wh.
There are grade quality bike batteries that are exported from China, they also provide grade A quality and longer cycles.
3. What is the popular different types of bike batteries?
As for bikes, there are generally two types of batteries which are mentioned below:
- 18650 battery pack for bike :
This type batteries are made by 18650 lithium ion battery .We can provide 24V ,36V ,48V ,60V and 72V bike batteries to your electric bicycles.
- 21700 battery pack for bike:
We also provide some new type bike batteries.They have higher capacity than standard bike batteries which are made by 18650 cells.
- Lifepo4 battery pack for bike
Lifepo4 battery pack are more competitive in future which more than 2000 cycles.This battery is custom bike batteries solution.
4. What to do when the bike’s battery is down?
Use the kick start method to start a bike when the battery is drained.
Try push starting or pump starting a bike which is a tried method to get the engine of the bike running.
Otherwise, visit a mechanic nearby to get the matter solved.
The following link will derive you to a tutorial for turning your bike on with a dead battery.
5. Is a bike battery rechargeable?
Yes, bike batteries are rechargeable.
Once the batteries run out if charging or are dead, you can recharge your bike battery through a battery charger or by jump starting it through the battery of another vehicle.
Make sure to ride your bike for a good time and then recharge it again.
New batteries should be charged overnight and the ones in use should be given a top-up charge of 4-5 hours.
Figure 2: A rechargeable battery
6. Are bike batteries easily available?
As bikes are more convenient to use for travel in rush hours, not to get stuck in traffic jams, bike batteries are quite in demand as of their use.
The bikes with rechargeable batteries are considered instead of fuel bikes in most of the parts of the world as it creates less pollution, is eco-friendly, and less expensive than fuel-burning ones.
7. What is the life span of a bike battery?
Typically, a bike battery can last for 2 to 3 years which totally depends on the maintenance and care.
Bike batteries of any type will lose their capacity over time even if they are not in use.
Various factors affect the life span of the battery such as:
- Keeping the battery cool
- Not to let the battery die completely before charging.
A slight problem in any of these factors can ruin the battery’s longevity.
8. What are the capacities available in bike batteries?
The most used capacities for bike batteries are 24V，36V and 48V If the batteries are in good condition, they are higher in voltages.
You can make the capacities from 10Ah -30Ah as your request.
9. Can you recharge a bike battery at home?
Yes, a bike’s battery can very easily be charged at home just by making sure the voltage to be delivered just as required according to the battery’s capacity.
- You can certainly charge your bike’s battery at home with the manufacturer charger provided with the battery.
- Use a trickle or smart charger for most battery types to charge at home.
- Remove the battery from the bike and connect one side of the charger with the battery terminal and the other one in the wall socket.
- Keep checking for the battery charging status and remove it as soon as it is fully charged.
- Install the battery correctly back in the bike.
10. How can you know if your bike battery is dead?
There can be several symptoms that may detect that your battery is dead or cannot be used.
Some of the major symptoms might include:
- Discoloration of the battery due to the stains from the bike. If a change of colors is seen in a battery depicts it is in the last stages and should be replaced.
- Swollen batteries or cracks indicate that chemical gas is built up in the battery due to corrosion on the inside. It may also happen due to overcharging or heating up.
- If a battery does not hold a charge even after immediate charging, this battery is not only dead but also a bad battery.
- If your bike does not start at all, that means it is surviving on a dead battery. However, there can be various other problems that lead to this and should be properly examined to find the right reason.
- A symptom of a battery that is about to die is the fading in the headlights of the bike or horn. These indicate that the battery is draining and not providing power as it should.
- Leaking of the battery acid is also an indication that extreme oxidation is happening inside the battery that may cause an explosion.
11. What type of charger is used to charge a bike battery?
Find out the battery type before selecting a charger for it. Whatever charger you may use for your battery the major consideration should be the matching of voltage.
You can also charge your bike battery with a regular phone charger, but the voltage required by the battery should be checked.
If the battery is of 36 volts, the charger should be of a 54.6 volts battery too otherwise it will ruin the battery’s health and life span.
12. What type of battery is the best to be used in a bike?
The most preferred battery capacity for a bike battery is 24V ,36V or 48V li ion battery. It solely depends on the engine of the battery.
However, lithium-ion batteries carry out the best working in bikes.
They are lighter in weight and ideal for harsh ridings on and off, have a lower discharge rate which makes them last longer, and perform better in cold and hot weather.
Lithium batteries offer the best battery life and less to no maintenance.
Figure 3: Lithium battery
13. What should be considered while buying a bike battery?
Looking for the best features while buying a new battery for your bike is the key however, finding a battery with all the features you require might be tricky.
Here are some things to be mainly considered:
- Select batteries that require less or no maintenance.
- Batteries that can withstand weather conditions.
- They should carry out the best performance.
- The capacity a battery provides and whether it serves your bike’s engine.
- Estimated Lifespan of the battery.
- Usage and functions they provide.
14. What happens when a bike battery crashes?
If a bike battery crashes, it will no longer function in the bike and all kinds of electrical processes will be ruptured.
However, you can still pedal your bike manually like in any other regular bike.
For avoiding your battery to crash at unusual times, keep a check on your battery’s status and the charge rate on the display.
Figure 4: A crashed bike batter
15. Can a bike battery create an explosion?
Yes, bike batteries can explode if not taken care of properly.
Although there is a very low chance of spontaneous ignition but still it can happen.
Malfunctioning and aging of the batteries cause them to create these irregular circumstances.
You can not know when a battery might explode, but when it does the damage is deadly.
Figure 5: An exploded battery pack
16. After what time intervals should a bike battery be charged?
It is recommended to charge your battery every once its battery percentage is between 60 to 30.
A battery should never be left to discharge completely before charging as it highly affects the battery’s health and can damage it internally.
However, some experts suggest to fully discharge your battery every 30 to 40 charge cycles.
17. How long should a bike battery last?
Depending on the manufacturer’s use and care, a bike battery can last for 2 to 5 years after which it should be properly inclined.
A battery loses its capacity slowly with time however premature death of the battery can be caused before 2 years due to manufacturing problems.
18. Tips to increase the working of the bike’s battery?
The battery serves as the brains of the bike so a high quality battery should be considered for use and proper care instructions should be followed to increase the battery life and working.
There are various techniques to be followed for a healthy longer lifespan and working of a bike battery.
- Clean off the dirt on your battery regularly with a damp cloth.
- Charge the battery fully once every 6 months.
- Never plunge water directly on the battery.
- Try to always use the charger provided with the battery by the manufacturer.
- Do not leave the battery in direct contact with the weather when it is freezing temperature.
- Keep the contacts clean.
- Recharge the battery after every ride.
- Do not let the battery drain completely before charging it.
- Store battery at cool, dry places.
- Keep the battery partially charged.
- Keep the battery cool.
19. Can you use the bike’s battery while it is charging?
When a charger is charging the battery, you can not possibly use the battery power while it is still charging as the current will divert from the battery and come directly to the bike, also affecting the battery’s health.
Also, you should always avoid keeping the battery connected to the bike while charging it as it can cause damage to other components of the bike although it can be done under safe circumstances and proper precautions to avoid any damage to occur.
20. How to connect a battery to the bike?
While installing a battery in the bike, slide the battery in the place provided for it and start attaching cables to their respective terminals.
Attach the positive cables with the positive terminals of the bike whereas, negative cables with negative terminals.
Make sure the cakes are connected correctly to avoid any errors.
Guarantee everything is in its place and secured placing the belt provided in the battery sections and put the bike’s seat back in its place.
Following is a link to a tutorial explaining connecting batteries to the bike.
21. What will happen if the terminals are not connected correctly?
Meddling with the terminals can ruin the power source and even lead to an explosion.
The wires will heat up, the battery will be damaged, and it will ruin the electrical components of the battery.
However, in some cases, the battery may work but the polarity will be backward, and no explosion will be created.
It is recommended to go through the user manual before doing such tasks as they can guide very well about the terminals and correct installations.
22. How can you know if a battery is fully charged?
Most of the chargers consist of LED screens that indicate the battery’s charging status.
The best way to check a battery status is with Voltmeter.
23. How can you clean your bike’s battery?
There are different methods to clean your battery from corrosion and dust. Some of which are mentioned below.
- Apply a battery cleaning agent to clear the corrosions and neutralize battery acid.
- A true and tried method that is also simple is to mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Use an old toothbrush or any out of use brush with small bristles. Cover the battery terminals and any corrosion with the solution and scrub it. This will neutralize the corrosion and easy to remove.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe off any dust from your battery.
Figure 6: Cleaning of battery terminals
24. Why are lithium batteries better than lead acid for bikes?
Lithium batteries are proved to be better in functioning, are lighter, have a slow discharge rate, long battery life, and good performance in cold temperatures.
The weight is the major plus point of considering lithium batteries as they make it easier to handle a bike.
They also have a low discharge rate that makes it to work longer than usual batteries however, it may reduce with time.
So, lithium batteries are better in working and functionality than lead acid batteries and are worth the high price spent on a good one.
25. Does the battery life affect the working of the bike?
Direct effects will not occur on the bike due to battery malfunctions however, it may cause other systems and components of the bike to run inefficiently and as a result, decrease the performance of the bike as a whole.
26. What is the best temperature for a bike battery?
Driving a battery at superior temperatures improves their performing ability however longer exposures to such temperatures will shorten the battery’s life.
Freezing temperatures increase the resistance of the battery but lower its capacity.
Temperatures below -15° and higher than 45° should be avoided for the battery to carry out effective, long term work.
27. What are the pros of bike batteries?
As every product has its pros and cons, bike batteries have too.
- Most of the bike batteries require less maintenance.
- Lithium batteries are lighter in weight.
- Easy mobility.
- Can be charged anywhere.
- Are eco friendly.
- Less percentage of any disaster to occur.
- Longer life span.
28. What are the disadvantages of bike batteries?
Some disadvantages of bike batteries are mentioned below:
- Are somewhat pricey.
- Some batteries rather have a short lifespan.
- Overcharging can ruin battery health.
- In extreme situations, batteries can explode.
- Repairs of bike batteries are costly.
- Require a longer time to charge.
- Some batteries may require special chargers.
- It may crash at any time if proper care is not provided.