Over 5 years Experience on High Temperature Lithium Batteries
- High-temperature lithium batteries charge temperature -20°C to 60°C and the discharge temperature -40°C to 85°C.
- TLH high-temperature lithium batteries are used for T-box, GPS for trucks, and outdoor portable stations with IAF16949 certificates.
- Our high-temperature lithium batteries work at 85 °C for 1000 hours and the normal lithium batteries will be broken when working at 85°C.
- When our high-temperature lithium batteries work at 85°C for 1500 hours, the capacity still stays at 95%.
Our Service Key Figures
- 15 + Years In the
- 500 + Collaboration
- 24 Hours Online
- 1 Day Battery Packs
- 2 Weeks Received
High-Temperature Battery Pack Inventor for Outdoor Industrial Application
TLH batteries not only provide normal lithium batteries for electric bikes, power tools, and diving systems but also are good at developing special lithium batteries like high-temperature battery packs and low-temperature battery packs.
Our engineering director has focused on developing high-temperature lithium batteries since 2005. The capacities of high-temperature lithium batteries are 18650 2000mAh 5C discharge rate,18650 2500mAh 15A discharge current and 18650 3200mAh 15A discharge current cell are oncoming. You can download our ICR18650 2000mAh 3.6V high-temperature lithium battery specification.
If you would like your batteries with more than 5 years of warranty, please contact us.
Precise Control Methods for your Lithium High-Temperature Battery Packs
- Our high-temperature lithium batteries can meet the IAF16949 standard.
- The high-temperature battery can work at as high as 85°C and as low a temperature as -40°Cfor 1000 cycles.
- The BMS of our high-temperature battery packs with cut off at 85°C.
- Our high-temperature lithium batteries will be baked 85°Ctesting over 100 hours.
TLH: Your Foremost Choice in the Manufacturing of High-Temperature Battery
TLH battery is one leading professional lithium-ion battery pack manufacturers since 2005. We only focus to provide high quality to our customers who do business in the handheld industrial scanner, military projects, GPS for trucks or containers, power tools, and 5G stations.
Our high-temperature lithium battery pack can promise 5 years warranty if you buy our prolonged cycle service, our battery pack can provide 10 years warranty. When our high-temperature battery packs are applied to T-box, which can last over 10 minutes to ensure SOS is valid.
Our engineering team is keeping ongoing updating our high-temperature lithium battery technology with high capacities like 18650 2000mAh,18650 2500mAh, and 18650 3200mAh with 5C, and 7C discharge rates to make different high-temperature battery packs solution for you.
Our engineering team has international communication skills in English to ensure the projects go smoothly.
Welcome are your OEM or ODM high-temperature lithium battery pack solution to TLH battery.
High-Temperature Battery – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This FAQ Guide contains all the essential queries about a High-Temperature battery. If you want answers to your respective concerns, dig in!
- 1. What kind of lithium cells are used in a high-temperature battery?
- 2. How does the high temperature affect the lithium battery?
- 3. What is the high-temperature battery application for?
- 4. Are there different voltages available in lithium high-temperature batteries?
- 5. What is the safe operating temperature of a lithium high-temperature battery?
- 6. Do high-temperature batteries offer a warranty?
- 7. What is a 18650 high-temperature battery pack?
- 8. What is the difference between protected and unprotected high-temperature batteries?
- 9. What is the Ah capacity of a 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery pack?
- 10. What are the dimensions of a lithium-ion high-temperature battery pack?
- 11. Are lithium-ion high-temperature batteries rechargeable?
- 12. What kind of chargers are used to charge a high-temperature battery?
- 13. What are the safety precautions to be followed while using a high-temperature battery?
- 14. What are the safety concerns while using a Powerwall?
- 15. What are the voltages found in high-temperature batteries?
- 16. What is the capacity of a standard lithium-ion high-temperature battery?
- 17. What is the nominal voltage found in 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery packs?
- 18. What is the operating and storage temperature for a high-temperature battery?
- 19. What do you have to check for to know your lithium-ion battery’s condition?
- 20. What devices can be used to test your 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery?
- 21. What is the discharge rate of a high-temperature battery?
- 22. Does overcharging affect the high-temperature battery’s working capacity?
- 23. What are the safety precautions for the correct handling of a battery?
- 24. How long does it take to charge a high-temperature lithium-ion battery?
- 25. How many charge cycles does a high-temperature lithium-ion battery provide?
- 26. What are the benefits of this type of battery pack?
- 27. Does the high-temperature lithium-ion battery have to be recharged during storage?
- 28. What should you look for while buying a high-temperature lithium-ion battery?
1. What kind of lithium cells are used in a high-temperature battery?
The rechargeable high-temperature lithium-ion battery charge temperature -20°C to 60°C and discharge temperature -40°C to 85°C with 5 years warranty and 1000cycles. They can be operated at relatively high temperatures ensuring safety.
2. How does the high temperature affect the lithium battery?
The increased temperature affects the internet and external reactions of the lithium battery pack. The internal chemical reactions are disturbed and become fast. As it provides the advantage of increasing the storage capacity by up to 20% it also has the side effect of making the battery lose its discharge capacity over time. It makes the lithium-ion battery’s life span shorter, causing it to die earlier than that of the batteries kept at room temperature. The heat exposure increases the capacity for the time being and damages it in the longer run. Longer periods of heat exposure should be avoided as they may cause major problems in the longer run.
3. What is the high-temperature battery application for?
As the 18650 battery is a higher-temperature lithium-ion battery, it is gaining much importance. In the world of technology, all a customer requires for their products is high quality and long-lasting battery. The 18650 high-temperature battery is applied in handheld industrial scanners, military projects, GPS for trucks or containers, power tools, and 5G stations.
Figure 1: Application of High-temperature battery
4. Are there different voltages available in lithium high-temperature batteries?
As the high-temperature manufacturers use lithium cells in the battery, it can produce a voltage between 3.8V to 4.2V. A 18650 high-temperature lithium battery can be fully charged at 4.2V with 1000 cycles.
5. What is the safe operating temperature of a lithium high-temperature battery?
The safe operating temperature is the one at which the battery can function at its full capacity without any damage or threat. The safe temperature for charging is -20° C to 60° C whereas for discharging current the safe temperature is as low as -40° C and goes up to 85° C.
6. Do high-temperature batteries offer a warranty?
Warranties are located on the top of the battery packs in a form of codes. Different high-temperature batteries may offer different warranties. The TLH high-temperature 18650 lithium-ion battery offers a warranty of 5 years if you buy our prolonged cycle service, we can provide 10 years warranty. The working capacity may drop down with time but it can work for more than that if proper care is taken.
7. What is a 18650 high-temperature battery pack?
A 18650 high-temperature lithium-ion battery is a rechargeable battery made of only 18650 lithium cells. The high-temperature battery packs are customized to your request.
Figure 2: High-Temperature Lithium Batteries
8. What is the difference between protected and unprotected high-temperature batteries?
Lithium-ion batteries are long-lasting and safe battery types yet they should be handled carefully. Two types of batteries are found i.e. protected and unprotected
- Protected high-temperature 18650 battery:
Lithium-ion batteries are the safest type of all yet for extra care they are made in a protected form. They consist of a circuit attached inside the battery pack to prevent overcharging, extreme fires, over-discharge, etc. It keeps a track of the battery temperature too and keeps it safe in several circumstances.
- Unprotected high-temperature 18650 battery:
Unprotected batteries do not consist of any such circuit which keeps them secure. They do not last long as they are exposed to overcharging, over-discharge, etc. They lose their capacity to work with time as they are exposed to such factors. The circuit is the main aspect of the battery that protects it if the charge is falling and the battery loses its capacity before time. It means that it is not protected and in the worst conditions, it may burst into fire.
Follow the link for further information.
9. What is the Ah capacity of a 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery pack?
The high-temperature 18650 lithium-ion battery packs are made by high-temperature 18650 2000mAh 5C, and 18650 2500mAh 15A cells in series and parallels.
10. What are the dimensions of a lithium-ion high-temperature battery pack?
A TLH 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery is 64.9 mm in length and 18.3 mm in diameter. (Minor difference may be experienced)
Figure 3: Dimensions
11. Are lithium-ion high-temperature batteries rechargeable?
Yes, lithium-ion high-temperature batteries are made up of 18650 lithium cells. This cell technology is rechargeable for a long time and can be charged at high temperatures without any danger. They should not be discharged completely before recharging. Charge your lithium-ion high-temperature battery pack when it has 20%-30% of the charge left. Draining the battery before charging can damage it completely causing it to die. Try not to leave the batteries connected to the charger for a long time as the battery will result in overcharging. It affects the functionality of the battery and its capacity to deliver current.
12. What kind of chargers are used to charge a high-temperature battery?
A charger that is suitable for the respective battery pack should be used to charge the battery. A 18650 high-temperature lithium battery does not require a specific charger. The best charger that is recommended to be used with a high-temperature battery is the Nitecore i4. It sustains the battery in its best condition and does not overcharge it as it is a smart charger. It turns off itself once the battery is charged completely, protecting it. It is the best charger for all lithium-ion batteries.
13. What are the safety precautions to be followed while using a high-temperature battery?
Although lithium chemistry is the safest type of battery available on the market, some safety precautions should be followed for a smooth experience with battery packs.
Mentioned below are some tips for the correct use of high-temperature batteries.
- Keep the battery pack away from any heat or hot objects.
- Connect the battery as required i.e. do not mix up the positive and negative terminals.
- Keep the battery in a safe place away from children.
- Do not put pressure or heavy objects on the high-temperature battery.
- The battery may withstand high temperatures but extreme temperatures can cause unfavorable conditions.
- Keep a check on the battery’s physical appearance.
- If the battery gives off a bad odor or gets extremely hot, dispose of it off as soon as possible.
- Do not try to connect metal wires to the positive and negative terminals of the battery.
- Correctly store the battery packs under correct conditions away from direct sunlight.
- Use and charge the battery pack under favorable conditions otherwise, it may affect and shorten the battery life.
- Avoid overheating the lithium battery by unplugging it as soon as it is fully charged.
- Do not expose the batteries to water or areas which are wet.
14. Can you store the lithium-ion high-temperature battery packs?
Yes, you can store the lithium-ion 18650 high-temperature battery packs but only under the desired conditions. A few things should be kept in mind for a safe and secure storage period of the battery.
The temperature where the battery is stored should not be too hot or too cold. Such extreme temperatures affect the battery and its internal chemical reactions. It causes the cells of the lithium battery to wear out and die eventually. The high-temperature batteries should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, and should not be exposed to heat.
The area where the battery is stored should be dry and well-ventilated. The temperature should be normal. Store the battery packs away from heat and metallic objects.
The battery packs should not be stacked. Properly pack the high-temperature lithium battery so that it does not corrode or get dirty.
While storing the battery, keep the battery pack 70% charged and check it frequently to undermine the discharge rate. Once the battery reaches 20%, it should be charged again. If you leave the battery without monitoring and it discharges completely, it can be difficult to revive it.
Figure 4: battery storage box
15. What are the voltages found in high-temperature batteries?
The high-temperature lithium-ion batteries are formed of 18650 lithium cells. These cells make up the battery and its nominal voltage is 3.6V. The charging voltage may go up to 4.2V. If the voltage of the battery drops down to 2.7, it means your battery is bad and it may not hold a charge and you should consider replacing it.
16. What is the capacity of a standard lithium-ion high-temperature battery?
Lithium-ion batteries are well known due to their technology’s high energy densities and capacities. The power they provide is three times more than that of any other battery type. The TLH high-temperature battery can deliver 7.2 Watts per hour. Lithium chemistry is the best found in the market nowadays and as the technology is succeeding in the world, the requirement for lithium-based batteries is also increasing.
17. What is the nominal voltage found in 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery packs?
The nominal voltage of a battery is the standard voltage given out by a battery during functioning. A 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery has a nominal voltage of 3.6V. Its maximum charge voltage is 4.2V whereas of discharge voltage is 2.7V.
18. What is the operating and storage temperature for a high-temperature battery?
A high-temperature battery has a greater margin for operating and storing temperatures than standard battery packs.
The storage temperature for a high-temperature lithium battery pack ranges from -40° to 85° C. These are quite cold and hot temperatures but the high-temperature batteries are manufactured to withstand temperatures up to such extremes.
The operating temperature for a lithium high-temperature battery while it is charging ranges from -20° to 65° C however while discharging, the safe temperature ranges from -40°to 85° C.
19. What do you have to check for to know your lithium-ion battery’s condition?
When you buy a battery, it may last for a larger timespan than another same battery depending on its use, storage, charging, care, etc. To get to know the condition of your lithium-ion battery or its cells, a voltmeter can be used to know it. It shows the charge a cell holds, if it is below 2.7 that means your battery is bad and you should replace it with a new one.
The link is a reference to a video explaining how to check your battery cell.
20. What devices can be used to test your 18650 lithium-ion high-temperature battery?
Various devices can be used to measure the volts or amps of a 18650 lithium battery.
Once you have your hands on any of these devices, find the terminals of the battery both negative and positive at the side ends of the battery. Set the equipment to measure in volts and connect with the terminals. It will read the battery cell volts and show them on the screen.
Follow the link below for clear knowledge:
21. What is the discharge rate of a high-temperature battery?
Lithium-based batteries usually have a built-in discharge capacity of up to 1.5% to 2% each month when it is used. This standard rate is stated by the manufacturers of such batteries. The discharge rate falls between 400 mAh-1000 mAh however, the battery should be discharged below the prescribed rate as a higher discharge rate can result in overheating the battery pack.
22. Does overcharging affect the high-temperature battery’s working capacity?
Although the high-temperature batteries are protected and the charging goes off once any of the cells reaches 4.2 Volts. But overcharging impacts the battery’s health and chemical reactions taking place in it. Overcharging causes the battery cells to die eventually. The battery pack starts to heat up or is constantly overcharged which can result in very dangerous situations. It kills the battery with time and its capacity to function. A battery that is overcharged dies before the one which is not as the current keeps flowing into the battery. This is called thermal runaway.
23. What are the safety precautions for the correct handling of a battery?
To ensure the safe handling of a lithium-ion battery go through the user manual very carefully. The battery pack may burst into fire and cause serious damage if not handled properly.
The instructions mentioned below should be followed for a safe experience.
- Use only the recommended charger to charge the battery under specified charges and current conditions.
- Keep the battery away from water and heat or fire.
- Store the battery in cool, dry, well-ventilated areas to avoid any dangerous situation. Keep the battery away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Do not try to dismantle, crush, drop, or open the battery pack as you may end up in unfavorable circumstances.
- If any change in the battery, odor, color, or shape is seen it should be taken to a professional or disposed of properly.
- Do not overcharge the battery as it heats up.
- If the battery appears to be changed, try not to use it.
- If the battery pack leaks do not use it and let the fluids enter your eyes or mouth as it may cause serious harm.
24. How long does it take to charge a high-temperature lithium-ion battery?
The battery should be charged according to the conditions assigned in the user manual. Usually, a 18650 high-temperature lithium-ion battery charges in 3-4 hours completely. It should be charged partially for a longer lifespan. Avoid overcharging and do not let the battery go below 20% before charging it as it may increase the risk of the battery losing its charge and not holding it again.
25. How many charge cycles does a high-temperature lithium-ion battery provide?
The recharge cycles a battery provides are limited before it runs off. The lithium high-temperature battery loses its capacity with time and every charge cycle. Every rechargeable battery no matter how good it is offers a limited number of cycles. The 18650 cells are made to last longer than usual battery packs. They offer 500-2000 complete charge cycles before they wear out.
26. What are the benefits of this type of battery pack?
The 18650 high-temperature battery offers several such features which makes it the best. Choosing this lithium battery also depends on its application. The following are the key features of the 18650 lithium battery:
- It is a protected battery type which makes it very safe to use. The overcharging and over-discharging are controlled by the circuit inside the battery. This factor makes the 18650 lithium high-temperature battery last longer with the best service provided.
- The specialized high-temperature battery can withstand cold and hot temperatures to a great extent which means it can also work in such weather conditions.
- The nominal voltage of the 18650 high-temperature battery is 3.6 Volts.
- It offers a low discharge rate which makes its charge cycle last longer and travel-friendly. Even when stored, it loses a very minor charge due to the low discharge rate and stores much power for your use.
27. Does the high-temperature lithium-ion battery have to be recharged during storage?
The battery uses 18650 lithium cells which have a very low discharge rate. It means that over the storage period, the battery loses only 1.5-2% of its charge capacity over a month. However, if stored for longer intervals of time, try recharging your battery once or twice in a while. If the charge of the cells drops to below 2.7V, it can become difficult to make it hold a charge and it may eventually die. Keep the battery fully charged before storing and do not let it discharge completely before charging it.
28. What should you look for while buying a high-temperature lithium-ion battery?
The battery should be selected depending on its purpose. Consider the amps, mAh, and capacity it provides as it should be according to your use requirements.